Friends of West Byfleet Health Centre
Who we are
The Friends of West Byfleet Health Centre (WBHC) is a registered charity (No. 1086545) established in 2001 to support the three medical Practices of Madeira Medical, Parishes Bridge, and Wey Family.
The objective of the Friends is to provide ancillary medical equipment, services and facilities for the 30,000+ patients of the WBHC – in other words, to help fund things that the NHS does not (or no longer) pays for.
What we pay for
- A new ultrasound scanner and 3D probe. This supports the Health Centre’s “Tier 2” gynaecological service, and enables these specialist examinations to be performed locally, instead of requiring a visit to hospital
- An echocardiogram, enabling on-site assessment of heart health
- An ongoing commitment to pay for trained on-site physiotherapists and sonographers
- A new telephony system, designed to reduce waiting time for patients and to increase appointment booking efficiency
- Three new wheelchairs to help patients with mobility around the medical building
How we work
Practice doctors, staff, patients and the Trustees of the Friends work together to identify funding needs in line with guidance from the Charity Commission. The Friends have a formal governance structure including an Executive Committee and Annual General Meetings, and the Accounts are independently audited.
How you can help
The Friends are extremely grateful for the continued support of the “Wit Knits”, a group of enthusiastic and talented volunteers who sell their seasonal knitted items from the Health Centre entrance during Christmas and Easter.
Central NHS funding is increasingly squeezed, and it is expected that patient needs will only increase as a result of demographic and population changes in the West Byfleet area (for example, the new Sheer House and Octagon developments).
For the last three years, the Friends have given around £40,000 each year towards the medical equipment and services listed above (and more). We rely entirely on donations. If you have personally benefitted from these services, or you would like to show your appreciation for the fantastic service to the community provided by the three medical Practices, please consider becoming a Friend. You can do this by:
- Making a one-off donation to FOWBHC. Sort code: 40-52-40, Account number: 00008492
- Setting up a regular standing order – please contact us so we can claim back Gift Aid, increasing the value of your donation by 25% at no cost to you
- If you are considering your will and legacy, a bequest to the Friends of West Byfleet Health Centre is tax deductible
- If you are a member of a club or community group who is able to support us with fundraising, please let us know so we can come and speak to your members
- If your company has Corporate Social Responsibility commitments in place, we would be delighted to understand how the Friends might be considered within their plans for the coming year
- If you have any questions, please contact our Chair, Nicholas Quin, on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We keep our costs to an absolute minimum, and all trustee time is donated freely. Please consider supporting us, and through us you will be supporting all patients who use the West Byfleet Health Centre.
- Thank you to Xeinadin Sole Associates for supporting the Charity with accounting services.
Chair – Nicholas Quin: email@example.com
Treasurer – Jonathan Patient: firstname.lastname@example.org